We will get passports!
Next year we plan to take six of the Janwaar children abroad to explore skateboarding communities around the world. We have different plans for each of them:
1. Goldi and Deepa – The two fabulous girl skateboarders will explore skateboarding in Australia for four weeks. Garry and Isabelle, who volunteered with us in March 2016, plan to take them to skate with various skateboarding communities in the country.
2. Ramkesh and Ajay – The two skateboarding tigers will fly their way into Europe, where they will skateboard with European skateboarding groups for four weeks.
3. Asha – The eldest kids in the village and most eager to learn to English, will travel to Oxford for a four-week course. Sylwia, Dan, Dawid and Poppy, friends of Janwaar Castle, will host her at their home for the duration of the course and take care of the whole process.
4. Shivraj – Not just one of the best skateboarder in the village, he has also emerged as the leader among the kids. He is respected and looked up to, by all other kids for direction. He will surely surprise us in the future, so we better prepare ourselves for it!
The first step in this process is to get them passports. For the six the passports we need Rs. 52.000. Here are the details of the expenditures:
1. ₹ 6,000 for birth certificates (₹ 1,000 / kid)
2. ₹ 12,000 for all other documents and facilitation process (₹ 2,000 / kid)
3. ₹ 9,000 passports fees (₹ 1,500 / kid)
4. ₹ 25,000 to get kids and both parents to the passport office in Bhopal. (Cost of transportation of 6 kids, 10 parents and 1 facilitator to Bhopal, 500 km away from village)
The next steps in the process will be to get visas and air tickets. Our aim is to prepare them for 2020, when skateboarding will be introduced to Olympics for the first time.
We’ve started a crowdfunding campaign to make this happen!
Please see here!