Update on “No more water!”
A few weeks ago we’ve launched our “Fotos for Water” campaign – and we are happy to announce that we’ve almost accomplished the project! A few things remain to be done and as soon as the rains allow us to move on, we will!
The point of departure
Janwaar was facing a serious drought. 800 out of 1000 cows and buffalos have died because there was no more water. Late April the water hand pumps were already dried out – two months earlier than usual. The women had to walk 4.5 km in the heat of the day to get some water.
The situation now
- We’ve dug a tube well.
- Built the construction for our 5000 l water tank.
- Installed the pipeline infratructure.
- And made four tabs available for all villagers.
And we started to build two bathrooms.
- We install a solar water pump,
- solar panels to power the pump and provide enough electricity for our bamboo house
- and the four flood lights at the skatepark.
- And we will give the bathrooms a roof 🙂
We should be done in the next four weeks if the rains allow us!